June Family Recovery Program
We know that drugs and alcohol are a problem on the Rosebud. However, RECOVERY IS POSSIBLE. Join us for the 12 Hour Family Recovery Program, starting June 29th.
Date: Monday, June 29th and Tuesday, June 30th, 2015
Time: 9:00am to 4:00pm
Place: St. Bridget’s Hall, Rosebud, South Dakota (Near the Post Office)
The 12-Hour Family program is facilitated by local native people who live on the reservation. The program includes video clips and live role plays and is structured to meet the needs of those family members who are living on the reservation.
Family members will learn:
• The side effects that drugs and alcohol have on the body and emotions.
• The process of addiction and relapse.
• Will learn about twelve step programs and other healthy ways designed for those who are affected by drugs and alcohol.
• Learn different ways that will help you cope and maintain a less stressful life while coping with a person who is using drugs or alcohol.
• The how and why alcoholism or drug addiction is a family disease.
• About Co-dependency and have a greater understanding about the issues that surround the
Co-dependent family member.
• How to overcome these family roles and dynamics in a healthy way in order to bring about a healthier family structure.
• Effective communication, listening and observing skills
• Co-dependency and enabling conduct and its role in the addiction cycle and in family structure.
• Including more information related to families and their well –being.
Any donation will be greatly appreciated to help cover costs
For applications or questions, contact: Geraldine Provencial at (605)747-5547 or Jim at (605)259-3365 or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Leave a Reply