June 12-Hour Family Recovery Program
Date: Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Time: 9:00am to 4:00pm
Place: St. Agnes Hall, Parmelee, S.D.
The 12-Hour Family program is facilitated by local native people who live on the reservation. The program includes video clips and live role plays and is structured to meet the needs of those family members who are living on the reservation.
Family members will learn:
• The side effects that drugs and alcohol have on the body and emotions.
• The process of addiction and relapse.
• Will learn about twelve step programs and other healthy ways designed for those who are affected by drugs and alcohol.
• Learn different ways that will help family members cope and maintain a less stressful life while coping with a person who is using drugs or alcohol.
• The how and why alcoholism or drug addiction is a family disease.
• About Co-dependency and have a greater understanding about the issues that surround the
Co-dependent family member.
• How to overcome these family roles and dynamics in a healthy way in order to bring about a healthier family structure.
• Effective communication, listening and observing skills
• Co-dependency and enabling conduct and its role in the addiction cycle and in family structure.
• Including more information related to families and their well –being.
For applications or questions, contact:
Geraldine Provencial at (605)747-5547 or Jim at (605)259-3365 or email email@example.com.
Leave a Reply