Family Recovery Times for August
In August, the 12-Hour Family Recovery program will be held from Monday, August 11th thru Thursday, August 14th , 2014 at the MilksCamp Community Bldg in Bonesteel, South Dakota.
The 12-Hour Family program is facilitated by local native people who live on the reservation, the program is structured to meet the needs of those family members who are living on the reservation.
Family Members will learn:
- The side effects that drugs and alcohol have on the body and emotions.
- The process of addiction and relapse.
- Will learn about twelve step programs and other healthy ways designed for those who are affected by drugs and alcohol.
- Learn different ways that will help you cope and maintain a less stressful life while coping with a person who is using drugs or alcohol.
- The how and why alcoholism or drug addiction is a family disease.
- About Co-dependency and have a greater understanding about the issues that surround the Co-dependent family member.
- How to overcome these family roles and dynamics in a healthy way in order to bring about a healthier family structure.
- Effective communication, listening and observing skills
- Co-dependency and enabling conduct and its role in the addiction cycle and in family structure.
Administrative Leave will be granted to any Tribal Employee who wishes to attend, and there is no cost to attend.
For applications or questions you can contact: Geraldine at 747-5547 or Jim at (605)259-3365 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply