April 12-Hour Family Recovery Program
The 12 Hour Family Recovery Program will be held Monday, April 14th – Thursday, April 17th, from 10 am – 1 pm daily at the Icimani Ya Waste’ Recovery Center in St. Francis. The 12 Hour Family recovery program is faciliated by local native people who live on the reservation and is structured to meet the needs of those living on the reservation.
Family Members will learn:
- The side effects that drugs and alcohol have on the body and emotions.
- The process of addiction and relapse.
- Will learn about twelve step programs designed for those who are affected by drugs and alcohol.
- Coping skills to use in their day to day life when living with an addict.
- The how and why alcoholism or drug addiction is a family disease.
- Co-dependency and family roles in families that have an active alcoholic or drug addict involved in them.
- How to overcome these family roles and dynamics in a healthy way in order to bring about a healthier family structure.
- Effective communication, listening and observing skills
- Co-dependency and enabling conduct and its role in the addiction cycle and in family structure.
- Administrative Leave will be granted to any Tribal Employee who wishes to attend
There is no cost to attend For applications or questions you can contact: Geraldine at 747-5547 or Jim at (605)259-3365 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Reply